Monday 19 April 2010

Doctor Who


So, sadly we've had to let (the lovely and very talented) David Tennant go. He has been replaced by 27 year old Matt Smith, who, we thought, was bound to be rubbish and not fill David's (I like to think we're on a first name basis) shoes at all.

But here's a surprise, which I should not be very surprised about: the casting people really do know how to do their job. Matt (I like to think the same about him) is brilliant!! Very funny, does not overdo it, but can also be sincere.

Amy Pond (played by Karen Gillan) however, is another story. I'm sure some people love her, and I know it's early days so she might grow on me, but I just find her irritating. I think it's the pouting, her insisting on wearing a skirt (attire not exactly suitable for running away from aliens) and her over-acting that does it. I'm still gonna watch it though...

Also, unfortunately Russell T. Davies (Head Writer) also left so Stephen Moffat took over. I think we're in for a much scarier ride this time as he wrote episodes that include the Weeping Angels, the Clockwork Droids, and the episode 'Silence in the Library'.

Saturdays evenings, BBC1

5 comments:

  1. HE'S RUBBISH! AND AMY POND IS AMAZING! YOU HAVE GOT IT ALL WRONG! But I love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. righttttt. He is so ugly too

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must say, Amy is growing on me....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I now love Amy Pond as well!! Watch the Doctor Who Confidential - Karen Gillan and Matt Smith's banter is so funny!!!

    ReplyDelete