Friday 16 April 2010

New Moon - Film


New Moon, the second in the Twilight Saga

Overall I liked it, it's pretty similar to Twilight but enjoyable. I found when reading the books that it is very plot-driven, not particularly well written, but can be quite gripping. There was a little bit of dodgy acting from Kristen Stewart (Bella) but she was mostly good. Stewart and Robert Pattinson (Edward) mumbled the whole way through though and I often struggled to understand what they were saying.

Michael Sheen was very good as Aro, one of the leaders of the Volturi. There is also an appearance from Dakota Fanning as Jane, another of the Volturi, but she barely says anything. She will probably do more in the next film.

I wasn't blown away buy the film, but that is probably because of my expectations as a result of the hype about it.

If you like anything to do with vampires and werewolves, then this is what you'll like!

No comments:

Post a Comment